Learn to read Burmese Script
Myanmar Script Learning Guide (PDF)
Revised Date: 2017-10-30
File Size: 650 KB
Number of Pages: 104
FREE ONLINE AUDIO SUPPORT with over 740 MP3 Audio recordings.
Audio files for Myanmar Script Learning Guide (PDF) are zipped for easy download and offline study.
File Size: 5.89 MB
What's in the Zipped file?
- 664 audio files for 730 selected words in the PDF file. (Some with same sound.)
- A summary text file with audio file names in English Romanization and Burmese script.
- A CSV file of the above text file that can be opened with most spreadsheet programs.
- An Excel spreadsheet of the above text file for easy sorting.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Burmese Script
- A Brief History of Burmese Script
- Browser and Font Issues
- Overview of the Burmese Written Language
- 33 Main Letters — Byi3
- Consonant Modification Symbols
- Vowel Shift Symbols
- Tone Change Symbols
- Single Tone Groups
- Modern Closing Consonants
- Double Stacked Words
- Simplified Double Stacked words
- Stand-alone Characters
- Additional Characters
- Official Burmese Vowels Tha1-ra1
- Another Interpretation of Tha1-ra1
- Buddhist Literature
- Christian Holy Bible in Burmese
- Myanmar National Anthem
- Bogyoke Aung San's Writing Style
- A Sample of Burmese Poem
- Summary Table: Symbols
- Last Word